Richard Roberts

Picture of me (but younger) in shirt/hat combo with stripey t-shirt.

Hello! As you have probably figured out already, I work at the London College of Communication as a Printmaking Technician. I currently work three days a week, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and I look after the Relief printing area, amongst other duties. When I’m not working at LCC, I potter about in my studio in Margate, Kent, making prints and books and things.

Here’s some blurb about me (written in the third-person for extra gravitas)
Richard Roberts is an artist/self-publisher who specialises in print. In 2009, he set up Roberts Print, his own eponymously-titled imprint. The books Richard self-publishes range from one-off artist books to small edition publications. His books are in a number of collections including the Tate Library and Archive, the Chelsea College of Art and Design Library – Artists’ Books Collection, and the Bower Ashton Library, UWE. A selection of his books are stocked at Printed Matter, Inc, a bookstore in New York dedicated to the dissemination of artists’ books. In 2019, Richard’s book Tower Block was among 50 books selected for the Prix Bob Calle du livre d’artiste. He’s also a member of Thames-Side Print Studio.

Contact information
Email: r.f.roberts@arts.ac.uk

Top Tip

Read this book…

Book cover of The Age of Surveillance Capitalism by Shoshana Zuboff.

Inspiration and (emotional) Support

The Marx Brothers always does the job for me..